The School was founded on 21st June 1966 by Major General P.C. Rajaratnam with a view to continue the good work done by his father Mr. Payyan Shankaran, a well known Educationist of our country.
The aim of the School is to provide the younger generation with the necessary facilities for academic training and to assist them in developing a sound maid in a sound body. Emphasis is laid on development of character. Some of the objectives are :
- to combine the best traits and standards obtained in Public Schools and Government Schools.
- to try and evolve a system to overcome the language problem in the Country.
- to provide facilities for training in the best traditions and cultures of the various countries in the world.
- to make no distinction between the well-to-do and the underprivileged classes.
- to achieve all round development of pupils paying adequate attention to their physical, mental, cultural and moral development.
- to develop a sound character in all pupils.
- to instill a spirit of research for greater knowledge as the motto of the school 'Onward to Greater Discoveries' clearly indicates.
- to impart career education.
- to pay individual attention to all pupils.
- to maintain close liaison with parents.